Friday, August 24, 2012

Mommy Mentors

Brynn and I were talking...parenting is full of daily tough decisions.  I've only been doing it for 2 1/2 years and I'm constantly 2nd guessing decisions that I make.  Sometimes they are super simple like eating marshmallows as snacks and staying up until 9 pm instead of 8. Was I too harsh or am I letting them run all over me?  Some decisions are harder and I'm sure the really tough ones are yet to come.

I am constantly getting advice from my parents.  As a teenager, I have all these sassy opinions about my parents, it wasn't until I reached adulthood and especially parenthood that I learned to really respect them and look to them for parenting & life advice.

Let me take this opportunity to apologize to my parents for every eye roll and doubting and back talking that I did...I'm sorry...if I could take it all back I would...you didn't deserve any of that.

I look up to some mommies that have the same principles that I believe in.  Mommy Mentors, I'll call them, who are no different than me.  They learned as they went just like I'm doing.  My go-to Mommy is Dani.  She is raising 4 children and is still learning as she goes.  But the infant/toddler stage is over for her...so I get all of her secrets of success and failures that she experience.  Along with childhood asthma...Bella is sick...AGAIN.   With her new blog you can learn with her as she goes too, and she can be one of your Mommy Mentors also.

Earlier when Brynn and I were discussing things, I told her that we are just guessing as we go, praying that our guesses are right.  I'll always welcome mommy advice and want to constantly strive to be the best Mommy that I can be.  I want to be successful at parenting more than any other challenge I have or will ever face.  The thing that I try to remember is that as long as they are safe, happy and healthy then we are doing a pretty good job!

Pin It

1 comments:

Brynn said...

Thanks for being my mommy mentor! Maybe one day I will be someone's mentor :)

Post a Comment