Sunday, August 26, 2012

just plain ill.

I LOVE BELLA, BUT I HATE THAT SHE IS SICK.  She's been under the weather since Wednesday.  She's had a cough for weeks, but then a high fever hit and it went down hill from there.  I took her to the doctor, we did a chest X-ray that, thankfully showed no pneumonia, but did prove bronchitis.  So we've been doing Tylenol & breathing treatments around the clock.  The "Ill Bella" is driving me just a little crazy.  When normally I want to discipline her for things, I remind myself that she's sick...I'm know I'm less than happy when I feel bad.  For the past 4 days, she wants to watch Dora for 10 minutes, then Diego for 17 minutes, then Mickey Mouse for 6 minutes, then Tangled for 23 minutes. She's eaten 7 bites of spagettios.  I've popped 3 bags of popcorn per requested, about 6 kernels got eaten.  I've thrown brown apple slices away that never got eaten.  Looking in my trash makes me feel so sorry for starving children around the world.  I've watched Bella morph as this illness has progressed...from fiery red fevered cheeks, now to a pale face with dark circles under her eyes from the steroids.  Pitiful sick eyes.  And the whining, {oh save me Jesus from the whining}.  Nothing satisfies her for very long.

However, I do think we are on the road to recovery.  PRAISE GOD.  I'm ready to have my sweet, happy, spunky Bella back!!!
"Way down with me mama."



Pin It

3 comments:

♥ Erica said...

Poor Bella! I hope she gets to feeling better! That pic of y'all laying in the bed is adorable! :)

bourgeois z said...

Bless her heart!

Unknown said...

Poor baby! Hope for both your sakes she feels better soon!

Post a Comment