Monday, April 16, 2012

On my way to a healthier, happier me...

It's on!  Now that I'm no longer breastfeeding Lucy, I don't need those extra calories and I can start focusing on losing the rest of this baby weight!  Instead of the saying "dieting", I prefer to say "watching it".  So lets review: I started "watching it" December 26, that was the most I've ever weighed (not pregnant).  Over 6 weeks I lost 12.5 pounds.  The restricted caloric intake was affecting my milk supply. So, I increase my calories and focused on what was most important.  In the past 10 weeks, I did manage to drop 2.5 more pounds.  I would like to lose at least 15 more, for a total loss of 30 pounds.  My goal isn't to get to some tiny size.  I would just like to get into the clothes hanging in my closet.  I'm ashamed to say this, but I have 1 pair of fat jeans that I've been wearing since I had Bella.  Yes, she's 2 1/2 years old.  Yes, I've been wearing the same pair of fat jeans for 2 1/2 years.  I never wanted to be this size.  I feel like if I would've bought more jeans the size I am now, that that would be me settling on being this size. So I never have. I have about 7 other smaller size pair in my closet that I would love to get over my wide hips again.

My plan of action:

  • use My Fitness Pal app to count my calories and keep a log of everything I eat.  It's free, and pretty cool.  I can search any food and scan any bar code that gives all the nutritional values of that food.  Be my friend.  I'm under mepperson.
  • Exercise everyday that I'm not working 12 hours.  Right now I'm doing Jillian's 30-day Shred.
  • No eating past 8pm
  • Eat very little sweets or junk food.  If I said NO sweets, it would be a lie and just miserable.  So I allow myself just a little occasionally.
  • Have one cheat meal per week where I can eat whatever I want without feeling guilty.
  • Blog my journey to a happier, healthier me
Thankfully, I have a husband who is very supportive of a healthy lifestyle.  He encourages me and works out with me.  That makes this journey so much easier to have his support.  This is about being healthy.  Showing our girls healthy foods and fitness habits.  It's about being happier about myself and more confident.  

I'll start updating on Mondays again with my progress.  Hopefully announcing good numbers!  I'll say one last time, I know most of you don't care.  I'm writing this on here for me.  To keep me accountable.  


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment