Monday, April 30, 2012

A healthy craving (for a change).

Looks like we are getting better from the flu! And I had a great weigh in this morning!!  I lost 3 pounds for a total weight loss of 18.5!  It makes up for last week's plateau.  I didn't feel like exercise much last week, but overall I ate pretty good.  I get on these food-craving kicks.  I will crave one thing for weeks, even months!  Eat it as much as I can get my hands on it.  Then all of a sudden not think of it again and not eat it again for 6 months!  Usually it's unhealthy stuff like Pizza Hut's deep dish pizza and bread sticks or Krystal's Chiks or hot Cheetos or candy...but this time my craving is a dish from one of my favorite local restaurants, Old Town Grill.  (Shout out to Caitlin, who works there...no, unfortunately, I don't get free food).  It's a delicious, spicy blackened chicken that comes with this flavorful peppery white sauce, perfectly steamed vegetables, a pickle spear and a piece of texas toast covered in butter.  I enjoy every last drop!  Mmmmm!  Anyways, I'm just happy to be craving something half way healthy!  I've tried to blacken chicken and shrimp at home and it turns into a smoky mess with all the windows and doors open.  Jacob tried for the 1st time yesterday for me, it was better than when I tried, but not quite crispy enough.  We'll keep trying.  Since December 26th, I have a different outlook on several things.  Mostly "is it worth it?"  Sometimes it absolutely is.  Like that butter texas toast.  Of course it's loaded with calories, but it's worth it to me.  When I eat unhealthy (yummy) things, I am just conscious of what goes in my mouth the rest of the day.  I still don't LOVE to exercise, but when I'm done I feel better.  Either way, this year I have changed my perception on what is possible when you put your mind to it.  I'm not done, but I'm going to get there!





Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment