Tuesday, April 24, 2012

bad news.

Monday:
This week has sucked.  After a weekend filled with fever, coughing, runny nose, and a cranky, sleepless 2-year old, I took Bella to the pediatrician.  She tested positive for the flu.  I thought 'What?  She had the vaccine!'  The pediatrician explained that hopefully it'll be a milder case since she had the vaccine and her fever has been low (100-101).  Then I thought of my little Lucy, I really hope that she doesn't get it too!  Trying to keep Bella away from Lucy is impossible!  Trying to keep her out of Lucy's face is close to impossible!  Dr Sawyer wanted to treat Lucy preventably.  Maybe with Tamiflu for Lucy, Lysol wipes, lots of hand washing and attempting to keeping these 2 separated...hopefully we can keep Lucy well.  However, my throat has been getting more sore and my nose has been running.  I'm not sure if I can escape illness.

Tuesday:
This morning, Jacob called to tell me he was laid off.  He's a crane operated that works out of the local 312 union.  He worked at a crane rental company doing jobs locally.  It was pretty nice, set schedule (usually).  Monday-Friday 7-3:30 (usually).  We have been through this before and know that everything happens the way the Lord wants it too.  The last time he was laid off was the day before I was scheduled to be induced with Bella.  Talk about freaking out, this hormonal mama had a total break down when I received that phone call.  But we survived and all is well.  I can't help to feel stress of paying bills and anxiety of where he'll have to work.  We found out this evening that he'll be starting a job Monday that is pretty close to home.  We aren't sure of the hours or how long this specific job will last.  But we are so thankful that he won't be traveling out of town. The thought of him being away from his babies breaks our hearts. I just pray that the Lord has great plans for us and that he'll provide a job that Jacob enjoys and that will allow him to come home to his family every night.  That is my prayer.

I'm afraid of what tomorrow will bring.

Pin It

1 comments:

Ihearttsephoraa said...

Keep praying Megan, It will work out. Just remember this:
Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

Love Wendy

Post a Comment