Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sleeping Training: Night 1

You might be wondering how last night went.  Praise God it went well.  I fed Lucy and put her in the crib in her room at 9:30. She went down easy.  I checked on her at 10:30, before I went to bed.  She was sleeping soundly.  I stayed in there and said a long prayer over her.  I had to fight the urge to pick her up then.  I went to bed, feeling lonely not having her or Jacob next to me.  Jacob was out of town a couple of nights, thankfully he'll be back today.  I heard her at 3:10am, she was whimpering more than crying. I got up and checked on her to make sure she was safe.  She was just whimpering with her eyes closed, I snuck back out of the room.  I pumped, so I wouldn't be tempted to go feed her.  After about 20 minutes I no longer heard her.  After pumping I checked on her again.  The little angel was sleeping peacefully again.  I felt thankful that she didn't cry hard.  Work called me at 5:00 to put me on call (not many patients).  The house was silent...I went back to sleep.  She woke up at 7:15, I went up there and fed her in the rocker in the dark room.  She only ate for about 10 minutes and went back to sleep.  Can you believe that it's now 10:15 and she's STILL asleep!?!

Night #1 went better than I anticipated!  Hopefully tonight she won't cry as long or maybe even sleep all night (that would be too easy).  Thanks for all the prayers.

Update: At 12:45pm, I had to go in there and WAKE Lucy up!  I think she LOVES her new bed! 

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment