Monday, February 27, 2012

Heritage Project


“Heritage is our legacy from the past, what we live with today, and what we pass on to future generations” (UNESCO)
I'm starting a project that might take me some time, but I'm very excited about.  I've already shared with y'all how much I love doing photo books.  Well, I want to create a photo book for Bella and Lucy that is all about their heritage and family, past and present.  I love hearing stories that my Mammaw and Papaw have told me and imagine what life must've been like then when they were raising their children. I want those stories to be written down and passed along.  Not forgotten.  I've compiled a list of 35 questions that I'm hoping to have answered by us, their grandparents, and great-grand parents.  I've got a little collection of old photos that I plan on adding to the book as well (if I can ever figure out how to scan the pictures to my computer).  I can't wait to hear the answers and stories that I collect.  I think this will be fun and very special.  

This a photo that I have in our office of my parent's wedding day with Mammaw and Papaw (daddy's parents).  I love it because my mama was a beautiful bride and you can feel everyone's happiness.

Sorry about the poor quality. It's a cell phone picture of an old picture.



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment