Friday, June 8, 2012

Elijah Bentley

My very best friend delivered her precious son at 10:38 this morning.  
He is a healthy 7 pounds 2 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long.  
We have waited and prayed about this day for so long.  Since she lives in Oklahoma and I'm in Alabama, I wasn't able to be there for her delivery.  I sat by my phone all night and day, she texted often to keep me updated.  Of course when she had a minute to call after delivery, I missed it...we were at a store and Bella had to go potty (go figure).  Me being a labor & delivery nurse, we always knew that I would be the one taking care of her during labor and one of the 1st ones to meet her baby, so when she moved, reality set in that some other nurse would be in my place.  I am jealous of the nurse that did get to be a part of this special day.  Brynn said that she was very nice.  Even though I'm really upset that I'm not there, I am full of joy knowing that she had a great labor and delivery and that Eli is healthy.  I cannot wait to see them and snuggle with Eli in just a few short weeks!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment