Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blackberry Wine Cake

After Bella was born, Jacob's grandmother, Mawmaw Crowe brought us a blackberry wine cake.  I'm pretty sure that it's the 1st time I've ever eaten that cake.  It was so delicious that we never actually cut a piece to put on a plate.  We had our forks and just would eat a few bites every time we walked by it.  Needless to say, it didn't last long.  I don't think I've had it again in the past 2 years.  UNTIL NOW...Mawmaw and Pawpaw Crowe came to visit sweet Lucy the day after we came home.  She had lots of goodies, but I was most excited about the blackberry wine cake that she had set on the counter.  Once again, Jacob and I demolished it it record time!  Mmmm, it's so good, it's worth having another baby if it meant I get another cake!



All of my senses wrapped together create these wonderful memories: I get to feel the softness of my newborn baby, I get to smell that sweet baby lotion, I get to hear those sighs and moans, I get to see all the details of something so brand new...and I get to taste the deliciousness of that blackberry wine cake!!!


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment