Monday, April 1, 2013

Life's Little Blessings ~ Day 2


I'm linking up with Brynn during these 7 days of Life's Little Blessings.  Go check her out!
And opening His mouth He began to teach them, saying, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. "Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me. "Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:2-12
Life's Little Blessings ~ Day 2
The ever changing seasons of our lives are blessings.  

We are able to experience so much.  Throughout this life from infancy, childhood, young adulthood, older adulthood....I know that my life will always be evolving, growing and changing.  Nothing will ever stay the same for long. When I am reminded of this I try my best to savor the moment, knowing that tomorrow will not be the same as yesterday.  I watch my grandparents, my parents, my younger sisters, my children and notice how these phases of life are all so different. What is important to them is all different.  How they perceive these things are different.  With each experience, each trial, each joyful event ~ we grow wiser.  I could dwell on the sadness knowing that my babies won't be babies for long. {And sometimes I do.}  But I remind myself to look forward to what the Lord has in store for my life.  One of my favorite things to do is listen to the stories that my grandparents tell, as they reminisce over a lifetime of memories and experiences.  I know they've experiences tragedy & hard times as well, but there is always bad mixed with the good.  What we focus on during each phase of this life is most important; enjoying the good or dwelling on the bad?  

With each new season of our lives, comes blessings and those blessings are also coming and going, passing more quickly then we want sometimes.  The daily challenge that everyone faces is that we forget to be thankful for today and the experiences of yesterday as we focus only on what we have to accomplish tomorrow.

My mind is constantly split on this topic.  Part of me says, 'nothing will ever be as memorable and wonderful as my past, such as my wedding day or the birth of my children or other exciting memories that I hold very dear to my heart'.  Then the other part of me says, 'the best is yet to come.'

Whichever way I sit facing on that fence today~I'm thankful for the blessing of the ever changing seasons of our lives and all the amazing things we have experiences in the past, the experiences in these current moments in our lives and all the the future holds. 
Me at the age of probably 3, happy & carefree
The night Jacob proposed
Carrying a tiny baby blessing 
Holding a tiny baby blessing
The day our family when from 3 to a family of 4.
My grandparents with a lifetime of stories, heartaches, love and blessings.  



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment