Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Life's Little Blessings ~ Day 3


I'm linking up with Brynn during these 7 days of Life's Little Blessings.  Go check her out!
And opening His mouth He began to teach them, saying, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. "Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me. "Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:2-12
Life's Little Blessings ~ Day 3
Yesterday, I talked about the blessing of the ever changing seasons of our lives.  Today I am thankful for the literal changes of seasons, throughout the year.  If I had to rank my favorite seasons, it would be a 3-way tie for 1st place...
1st place...Spring, Fall, Summer (in that order, but they are all my favorite-if that makes sense at all)
2nd place...winter. 

I love the special holidays that come with each season.  If I had to rank those:
1st place...Christmas
2nd...July 4th (mostly because of the wonderful family time and fun times we have each year)
3rd...Easter

I love that as soon as I start desiring for warmer or cooler weather...the Lord gives it to me.  I love that each spring we are blessed with a beautiful, colorful masterpiece in the sky and landscapes.  And the remembrance of the ultimate sacrifice God made to save us from our sins. 

I love that in the summer we are blessed with the warm sun that takes us closer to the water to cool off. We crave those sweet fruits and the grill hardly ever stops.  We gather for fun times.  We rock on porches more, swing on swings, feel the wind in our hair, close our eyes and face up to the sun.  Oh, that feeling of the warm sun is a blessing!

The blessings that fall bring are some of my very favorites!  Again, this brings families together for a time of thanksgiving.  My family has began traditions each fall of going to the pumpkin patch and a beach vacation.  Again, these are some of my best memories in the recent years is during this wonderful season.  I love the smells and the cool crisp air.


 The thing that I love about winter is that it brings Christmas to us and every year there are wonderful memories made.  I am blessed every Christmas with the reminder of the tiny baby Jesus who came to save us.  It also reminds me of the baby blessings in our lives.  In the past 4 years, I've held 2 newborns (2009, 2011) in my arms as we rocked near a Christmas tree.  I've spent many a nights up with cranky newborns with nothing but those twinkling little lights as I tried to shush them back to sleep.  But even those sleepless nights are blessings.  

Again with each passing day, there are blessings to enjoy for all ~ some in the bright days of summer, some in the dreary days of winter~and every day in between.




Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment