Saturday, April 6, 2013

Life's Little Blessings ~ Day 7


I'm linking up with Brynn during these 7 days of Life's Little Blessings.  Her post from today was so sweet!  She talked of our sweet friendship.
And opening His mouth He began to teach them, saying, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. "Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me. "Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:2-12
Life's Little Blessings ~ Day 7
I am a little stumped as to what to write about today.  It's almost 10:00pm and I'm still wondering what words I'll type.  I know it's kinda sad when I think about all the blessings in my life and I'm having a hard time with the final day.  

Maybe the best thing to do it discuss my day and all of life's little blessings throughout my day.  This morning I went to an Autism 5K in my town.  I helped pass out a few frisbees representing Coosa Valley Pediatrics.  I took the girls and they had fun riding the wagon, playing with friends, jumping in the bouncy house and getting their face's painted.  Some of my friends ran, one winning overall female!  Finishing the 5K in 26:30!  Way to go Jennifer Kissic!  But all my friends did a great job!  Dr Sawyer even ran with all 3 of her kids, pushing her youngest 2 and her 8-year old running with them!  I'm ready to do another one.  I know paying to run outside is crazy to some people...but it's fun, especially when your friends are their with you, encouraging you and cheering you on.  

 
This morning's blessings:
Running friends that inspire you to constantly be better.
Community that coordinates events to raise money for good causes.
Friends that are nice enough to play with and watch after your kids while you "help at your booth"
Blessed that no one stole my children during those few seconds they got out of my eye sight.
Perfect weather. 

Lucy was getting super cranky because she was tired.  We decided it was time to go, but Bella and 2 of her friends were having so much fun...so we brought the party to our house.  Lucy was happy to see her bed and was more than happy to "party" in her crib.  We had to be quiet since Jacob has been working night shift and he was still sleeping.  We hung out in the driveway/yard.  It was such a beautiful and warm day that we were all happy to be outside.  I even got a little sun.  However the amount of pollen was unbelievable!  EVERYTHING is yellow! We could actually see yellow waves of it when the wind blew.  We went on a neighborhood walk.  We are crazy-excited about some new neighbors who are prepping their land for building.  Even though it'll be a while before they actually move in, we are still excited!  We tatted our kids up with Scooby-Do tats.  Ate cookies.  Laughed, talked about frustrations and life.  Jacob and Lucy woke up, Jennifer and the girls went home.  We visited Bobo & Cassi as they are forming up for their new driveway.  Ate some chocolate and drank a bottle of water in one gulp.  Jacob got me a gun (for protection when he's away...just in case the boogie monster comes visiting).
This afternoon's blessings:
Nap time that does a 180 to a fussy toddler.
Good friends.
New neighbors. 
Exciting beginnings.
Girly giggles.
Safe Neighborhood.
Perfect weather.
A husband who wants me to protect myself & children in unsafe situations.

Jacob, the girls and I ate a yummy dinner together before he had to go into work.  Then I went grocery shopping with the girls.  Lucy loudly said "MMAAMMAA" and giggled throughout the entire store...getting louder and louder and louder.  She was cute the 1st time saying it...and VERY annoying the 50th time.  At the end of my shopping list I had one more item to check off my list that I was having a hard time finding.  As I was circling around and around...Lucy was getting louder and louder. I looked down, at these very dirty girls (from a fun day of playing outside), Lucy's hair was a total mess because she had pulled her little pony tail out, she was now screaming "MMAAMMAA"...I realized that we were THAT annoying family that everyone was wondering 'when are they leaving?'  Finally I knew it was time to wave that white flag and GO!  I checkout, load up, get home, unload, instruct the dirty girls to get in the bath, put them the bath while I put away the groceries.  I go into the bathroom to find this...
that would be Bella crawling up and around the tub because Lucy POOPED in the tub!  Ugh.  As if I weren't tired, with a pollen-induced-headache.  They immediately were evacuated to another tub where I quickly bathed them and put them to bed.  I texted Jacob all the "fun" I was having.  His response..."LOL".  I was scrubbing going...ha.  ha.  ha. Then I threw away every single toy you see in that tub, clorox scrubbed it, washed my hands, sat on the couch in the silence and ate an ice cream. It's now almost 11pm.  I'm going to tackle a large laundry basket full of warm, tiny, kid clothes.  When I'm folding their clothes, I swear it feels like there are 400 article of clothing in that one basket.  Why can't every load be like towels?  Anyways, then I'm showering and hitting the sack!
Tonight's blessings:
Family dinners.
Kisses in the parking lot.
The fact that we aren't on the 'People of Walmart' website.
Lysol and clorox
My super comfy couch, silence and ice cream
The fact that I only do laundry one day/week
A hot, cleansing shower
My bed (which is loudly calling my name right now)


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment