Wednesday, January 25, 2012

28

Today was MY day...my birthday!  It was a good day.  My pocket buzzed all day with sweet Facebook messages from my friends and family.  My 1st gift, a wonderful gift...Lucy slept ALL NIGHT, from 9:30p-5:30a!!  Then Jacob helped get Bella ready before he went to work, to give me a little extra time this morning before I headed to work.  It is quite ironic that I helped delivered 3 babies at the same hospital I was born at 28 years ago.  What if one of those babies will grow up to help deliver babies there in 28 years???  Then I picked up my sweet babies from Mrs. Betty's (home daycare).   Lucy had a good day and Bella had tee-tee'd in the potty up for most of the day!  When I pulled up at home, Jacob was washing his work car and then gave mine a nice shine! 

  We sat outside and chatted a while, then when I walked in I found this unexpected gift on the counter...

Jacob is notorious for "wrapping" my gifts in unconventional ways.  This time, there's a small gift on top wrapped in our dish towel, the big gift is in a table cloth I made for Bella's 1st birthday party, notice the flowers, they were used in Rylee's 1st birthday party and the balloons all came out of the party closet.  Then of course the magna doodle was borrowed from the toy box.  But I love his creativity!  It makes me laugh.  Wondering what it is????  A Keurig!  I've never been a coffee drinker.  However, when the hospital I work at had Star Bucks, just 1 floor down from my floor, I kinda got addicted to their peppermint mochas!  At home I drink hot chocolate and I have this new favorite coffee cup that I love (I'm searching high and low for a matching dish set...no luck).  So I was excited to get it!

Jacob makes fun of me, asking, "How old do you have to be to stop having birthday parties?"  Because my sweet parents still cook me dinner of my choice and cook my favorite birthday cake, chocolate with marshmallow, fluffy icing (that you can only find at Piggly Wiggly) with the candy letters on the top.  (simple, I know.  But I LOVE it).  So my menu of choice, grilled chicken with BBQ sauce that my daddy makes (it's delicious), wild rice, twice-baked potato, twice-baked sweet potatoes (Jacob's favorite), green beans, rolls and of course THE CAKE!  Tonight the diet went out the window and I enjoyed my meal!!!  

 So, like I said, I love the candy letters.  So it's always funny to see how they use the letters every year.








I had a great day today, however, my heart is so heavy for a friend, who at 25 weeks pregnant had to unexpectedly deliver her baby due to complications and lost him.  He is now with his heavenly Father.  Please stop to say a prayer for this sweet, heartbroken family.


Pin It

2 comments:

Cassi said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday. Love all the pics. Thank you for taking time out of your day the past couple days to talk to me. It means a lot. All the nurses at St. Vincents are wonderful people. Thanks again!

Cassi said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday. Love all the pics. Thank you for taking time out of your day the past couple days to talk to me. It means a lot. All the nurses at St. Vincents are wonderful people. Thanks again!

Post a Comment