Monday, December 26, 2011

It's time for a change!

I hope everyone had a blessed and wonderful Christmas!  We certainly did!  It was SO fun watching our 2 year old dig into her gifts and her eyes light up.  Little Lucy did good with all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.  She got passed around & didn't seem to mind it a bit.  Check back later, I'll be sharing some of our fun.  But for now, I've got something else on my mind...

Truth is, I'm frustrated and discouraged and embarrassed and even a little depressed because I'm FAT!   I recognize this and know that I'm in complete control, so I'm going to do something about it.  I know it won't be easy or fun.  But it will be rewarding when I hit my goal weight.  I'm not telling specific numbers because, well...I'm too embarrassed.  I need to lose 24 pounds to hit my goal weight, my healthy weight!!  Yes, I just had a baby 7 weeks ago, but that's no excuse to not work toward my goal weight.  If I use the excuse "Oh, I just had a baby."  Then I'd still be fat at 7 months, then 7 years after the baby.  I'm not going to just accept that since I had babies that this gut, love handles, or ginormous legs & butt are staying around.  I have had the hardest time picking out outfits this holiday because NOTHING fits or looks flattering.  I understand that this is normal for moms to gain "baby" weight, but I'm kinda pissed about it!  My body has been through enough after carrying and delivering 2 babies.  I did it without too much complaining because I understand that physical changes and discomforts are just a part of pregnancy.  But this flabby post-baby-body just sucks!   I'm telling you this because I hope it keeps me more accountable.  I will try to update my progress weekly with hopefully good numbers.  My timeline is 3 months.  If I work hard and stick with my plan, I should be able to achieve my goal.

To be continued...

Pin It

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i know that you didn't write that to get compliments, but i think you look great! good luck! and im glad you all had a great christmas!

Post a Comment