Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Grinch tried (and failed) to steal our Christmas

I'm finally finding time to share our Christmas with you.   We are a little under the weather right now.  It's very interesting to me that some women get curly hair or taste buds change after having a baby...well after I had Bella, I developed asthma!  I would've gladly taken the curly hair!  It looks like Bella might be following in my footsteps. But with the breathing treatment and steroids, I'm sure we'll be better soon.

Ya know, when Clark Griswold opened his jelly-of-the-month club instead of his Christmas bonus on Christmas eve...well I wasn't expecting a bonus, but I felt like 'ol Clark when I opened a letter from work on Christmas eve stating that as of December 2012, they will be taking away an incentive that I depend on.  Apparently, due to the healthcare reform (screw you Obama!), there will be a new law passed that employers will no longer will be allowed to give incentive pay in lieu of benefits.  Because I do not use any of the benefits at work, I got the incentive pay.  What that means to me = an $800/month pay cut. Can you hear me freaking out?!!?  So unfortunately, I'm forced to look for another job/extra income.  This breaks my heart because , I LOVE my job-my shift, my co-workers, the doctors.  This will means I'll be working more to make up that extra money and will be away from my girls more.  I'm trying to focus on the positive.  Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, I doubt it, but maybe.  What it boils down to is 'ya gotta do, what ya gotta do'.  After I read the letter on Christmas eve, I put it away until after Christmas and tried to ignore the fact that I knew about the drastic pay cut.  Please don't feel sorry for me, I know every family has to make sacrifices to do what's best.

Now for the good stuff.  Other than those things, we've had a great holidays. Bella (who's 2 years) tore into those gifts & Lucy (7 weeks) was snuggling with someone at all times. The best thing about the holiday season is being with good friends and family.  We laughed and ate until our bellies hurt, then we woke up and did it again. We started new traditions this year that I think will work out wonderful for our growing girls.
Rylee & Bella in their new seats.  Thanks Aunt Viv!




Christmas at Mimi & Pops: laughter, steaks and lots of wrapping paper everywhere (perfection)


 Mimi with her girls

For the past 4 years, my friends from high school get together. We are living in different cities and states and we still manage to make it work.  We have all developed in to different people with the same background and we love each other for who we are.

Aunt Terisa preparing our wonderful Christmas eve breakfast



Bella's new 4-wheeler

Christmas with the Crowe's is always fun!

Cousins at Mammaw's 

Mammaw reading to one of her great-granddaughters, Rylee

Painting by my very talented uncle Chris


the CRAZY Hartsfields



Christmas morning

Daddy putting a ring on Bella...sweet!




Bella's new horsey



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment