Friday, May 24, 2013

Fitness Friday

Cooking-
So an update on the cooking from this post a couple weeks ago...all the recipes that I tried were fair.  Not terrible, but not that great in my opinion.  I might love them if someone else cooked them, but the 1 time that I tried-FAIR.  Also, the truth is Jacob and I are pretty strict on our diet throughout the week.  We splurge on the weekends, so he really isn't even enjoying some of the meals because he's worried that it isn't as healthy as what he's been eating on his diet.  So, I don't care enough to continue cooking right now!  So there.  That didn't last long at all.  I figured it wouldn't.  I mean, I'll still do an occasional meal, but probably for the kids only or weekend-splurge meals.

Fitness Friday-
There hasn't been a magical change in the numbers on the scales, which is a little disappointing.  However, I am VERY PROUD of the fact that I have been running often.  Since my last Fitness Friday post 3 weeks ago, I have ran 4-5 times each week!  Usually 3 miles each time, averaging 9:30 minute/mile.   And.....I have been WAKING UP AT 5AM TO RUN.  I am one of those girls who LOVES her sleep!  Like I could sleep 9-12 hours every night and be perfectly happy!
 
There are a few reason why I tried this early morning running & surprisingly liking it...

  • In the afternoons I have a very small opportunity to run.  If I have to go to the grocery store, some one visits, Jacob works late/works out longer than usual...then I lose that opportunity.  If I wake up early, before he goes to work and while the girls are asleep, then no one except me is in the way of getting my run in!
  • With the beginning of the hot summer coming, it is MUCH cooler in the mornings than the evenings.
  • My run is DONE for the day by 5:45am!  You know I've said before that I don't love running while I'm running, but I really like it running when I'm DONE.  I got a good workout out of my 3 mile runs, I'm challenging my time each time I go & actually improving!
I'm not committing to this early morning run everyday.  (If I did it might turn out like my cooking-commitment)  However, for right now, I'm enjoying getting it done early.  
(I wish that was my skinny tail in this picture, but it's not.  Just being honest.)



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment