Sunday, May 27, 2012

Having fun marking projects off our list

Saturday was a good day.  After a busy work week and a little added stress...I needed a good day.  We woke up at 6:15am to Bella yelling "Come wipe me!".  So, I go in the next room wiped my bright-eyed 2 year-old's booty and started my day.  I was finished with The Shred and a 3 mile run by 9am, then we marked several things off of our house project to-do list.

We've always like the slate on our screened in porch, but it wasn't sealed so it always looked dusty and dirty.  Jacob went to Home Depot, bought a $26 sealer, we cleaned the slate and he rolled it on. I love that the pretty colors finally show.  It looks much cleaner and nicer!
Jacob waterproofed the wonderful pergola that Nana and Papa built for us.  That evening Papa build a beautiful trellis to the side that gets the hot afternoon sun.  I'm going to grow a vine for some pretty & needed shade.

My hydrangeas are beautiful this year and I had to cut some to enjoy inside too!


We ended this day with a good dinner off of the grill, playing in the sprinkler, dreaming of a swimming pool, and catching lightening bugs.  I love summertime!  


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment