Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mama's out there! I must say that I am so lucky to have such a loving, caring and thoughtful mama.  A wonderful, giving mother-in-law and precious, loving grandmothers.  I am so thankful to have them in my life.  And now I get to experience the wonderful journey of motherhood myself.

We've had a nice weekend!  Friday we spent a few hours at a local Relay for Life.  Bella searched the tents for cupcakes and played on the playground for a while.  She was very hesitant to go down the tall slide.  She stood at the bottom of the ladder for a long time as the other children passed her, climbing and giggling. Finally with the encouragement from her daddy...she did it!  Over and over and over again!


Then Saturday, my family had a work day at my (very active 83 year old) Mamaw's house.  There were 17 of us there helping, including my uncle came from way down south Alabama and my cousin came from Atlanta.  We had a huge list that we knocked out pretty fast.  Then we enjoyed burgers and hotdogs off of the grill.  We painted the bottom area around the exterior of her house and the inside of the garage.  Completely cleaned out the garage.  There was even a man grabbing trash-to-treasure stuff from the curb.  We weeded and cleaned up all of the flower beds, pressure washed the patio.  Washed all the curtains, steam cleaned the carpet, deep cleaned the bathrooms, dusted.  I'm sure more was done that I forgot. Mamaw's response: tears and gratitude.  Which made us all do it with joy!  We know that there is nothing else that we could've given her for Mother's Day that would've meant more.











I wore the tennis shoes that I wear to work, not knowing that I would be one of the ones painting...so these grocery sacks protected my shoes = improvising!


(Sorry for the picture quality.   All of these were phone pictures)


Pin It

1 comments:

Brynn said...

I love it! You have a wonderful family! Happy Mother's Day sweet friend! Love you!

Post a Comment