Monday, September 2, 2013

I've been running

Hey Y'all!!!  I've missed writing a lot!  It's been over a month and I've been wanting to sit in this seat and let my fingers tell stories of all that I've been up to.  Finding the time isn't so easy.  I explained in this post why I haven't been blogging as much lately.  

One thing that I have been doing is running.  I've been running 3-4 days each week the past month.  In June-July, I was running 5 days/week.  In July I logged 54.68 miles.  August I ran 64.5 miles.  I am training for the Talladega Half Marathon that's in 3 short weeks.  I run 3 miles during the week before work and long runs on the weekend with Jennifer who's training with me.  The longest we've done is 9 miles.  We've done a couple of 8 miles.  The next 2 weeks we are supposed to be doing 11 miles.  It's tough.  It's never easy and usually at least once during each long run, I tell myself "I hate running" but when I'm done I'm proud that I did it!  It's all about staying healthy and trying to keep my booty from being H-U-G-E.  Plus it's a cheap way to stay in shape.  All you need is running shoes.  No gym membership or fancy equipment.  

During the week before work, I run in my neighborhood by myself.  On the weekends when Jen & I do our long runs in the beautiful Farmlinks that's just a few miles from my house.  It really is a beautiful place and makes our runs a little easier.  
Taking a potty/rehydrate/energy gel pack break.
This was before a very hot run in the middle of the day.
Love these country roads
A much needed water break!
wore slap out.


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment