Friday, January 4, 2013

What I've been up to...

Y'all might have thought that I've forgotten about my lil ol' blog, but I'm here and hope to pick back up where I left off.  The past month has been a roller-coaster of emotions.  December 20 was my last day working at St. Vincent's (for the past 6 years).  It was, like I knew it would be...mighty bittersweet.  My sweet friends planned a night out and threw a going-away party at work. Here are just a few of my StV friends...
 They gave me a little photo album of sweet smiles and a journal full of funny stories and encouraging words.  I'm missing these ladies already!  They made me laugh.  They made me creative.  They made me buy Starbucks...well, ok...I choose to do that.  When my last hour there neared, I started dragging my feet about leaving.  Usually I was standing at the clock at go-home time, but I didn't want to leave that night, because I knew it was THE END.   Finally I gathered my stuff, walking with my friends...a blubbering mess, I clocked out...for the last time.  It was hard to say good-bye.

I started working at Coosa Valley Pediatrics with a group of girls that I'm enjoying getting to know and with a doctor and PA that I enjoy working with and highly respect.

I got to spend Christmas at home.  If I wouldn't had made the job change, then I'd would've been at work.  Oh how, happy I was to spend ALL DAY IN MY JAMMIES, IN FRONT OF THE FIRE & CHRISTMAS TREE WITH MY PRECIOUS FAMILY!   


I got to meet my brand new little cousin, Henri.  She made her grand appearance in the middle of the night on the 27th. 
 

On New Year's Eve, I had WAY too much...fun.

On New Year's Day, I was in bed.

I gained 10 pounds over the past couple of month.  So I'm determine to get back in my "sexy comfort zone".  
My little reminder on the back of my pantry door.



Pin It

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh wow! I just left my job in Dec 2 after 5 years. It was such a hard decision and there were lots and lots of tears! I cried when I walked out of the unit. I am happy at my new job. So far so good!

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

I love that. AND me too on the NYE and the gaining weight thing. hahaha. I love that purple and aqua together - so cute.

Post a Comment