Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Floating Sod

A few weeks ago Jacob went picked up a pallet of sod.  Our ditch was beginning to wash and had some low areas, even exposing our gas line.  So he & his brother filled some dirt in and laid the sod over it.  It looked so much better.  Labor day, a quick flood came and washed the sod down to the end of the ditch.  UGH!!!!  We were so frustrated, but didn't want to waste the $50 of sod.  We marched our butts out there, slipped, slid and fell in the mud, picked up, unrolled the soaking wet, mud filled squares one-by-one and tried to place them in. I sported stubburn mud under my fingernails for 2 days! Last week we had a couple of perfect showers to hopefully allow the sod to take root.

Then it happened AGAIN...
Jacob went out there, stood in the rain and just watched as our sod floated away again.  (Reminds me of Christmas Vacation when Clark had that determined/crazed look on his face.)  We are going to call this one a loss and work on the ditch-project another time!

Correction:  I would've just called it a loss, but while I was swapping over summer/winter clothes in the girls rooms (a 3 hour chore)...he went outside and moved them back into place!  However, it's a gully-washer right now, I'm just waiting to see them start floating again!


Pin It

3 comments:

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

WOWZERS! That is crazy. I can't believe he got it all back. Nuts.

Jacob Epperson said...

I will defeat that ditch and it will look like I want it too!!

Jacob Epperson said...

I will defeat that ditch and it will look like I want it too!! LOL

Post a Comment